1. Fry one pound of sliced bacon. Fry it long enough so that's its crisp enough to crumble.
2. Peel, half, quarter, and and quarter again 4 medium sized red onions.
3. Saute the onions in about 2 Tbs of the bacon fat until they are slightly brown and caramelized. Add about 1 tsp of fresh thyme, and salt and pepper to taste. Add the crumbled bacon and set aside until ready to serve.
5. Place the greens on individual serving plates.
6. Add about a large handful of pine nuts to the bacon/onion mixture and re-fry on medium heat until the pine nuts start to turn golden brown.
7. Place a large dollop of the bacon/onion/pine nut mixture on each bed of greens. Serve immediately.